A testimonial by Amanda on Yelp after her dream Kauai Wedding
Where to begin…Jessica is nothing short of a miracle! I’d give 10 stars if I could. I hired her after a few months of meltdowns…planning a destination wedding from afar is not easy. But I’m stubborn and particular and a perfectionist and wanted to “DIY”. So I had my vision and picked a ceremony site, a reception site, a photographer, sent out the save the dates/invitations, maybe a few other things I can’t remember….and then I hit a huge wall. The “island style” communication A.K.A. painfully slow response times of the vendors started frustrating me…and then I got exhausted trying to envision everything alone…and then the shocking price tags started making me feel like I was getting ripped off and paralyzed my decision making…and my wedding party wasn’t helping because they were all in other cities and long distance too….so my MOH suggested I hire a partner on Kauai. I did not want to spend money on planning services, but I did not want to head down the bridezilla path, so I finally broke down and agreed to find help.
I was originally drawn to Jessica because of her 5 star reviews here on Yelp and her website offering “day-of coordinating services”. Other wedding sites listed full packages that I didn’t need and didn’t look as adaptable to “pick up where you left off”, but Jessica’s spoke to me immediately. In my mind I still secretly thought I could do it all myself and then just have someone swoop in the week before to allow me to enjoy myself, and her price was right. But upon my first phone call with Jessica, she had an amazing calming effect on me and I realized how much I needed her. She gave me confidence in the decisions I had already made, and added such good ideas to complement mine. Before I knew it, my penny pinching fingers loosened their grasp and I was hiring her to help me plan EVERYTHING. My wedding was “big” for a destination wedding (42 people) and her help saved me so much time and agony I discovered how worth the fees it was to have her as a partner. She helped me choose and coordinate with the florist (by far the most work/biggest expense for me), the musicians, and the cake artist, and she saved the day in helping me coordinate with my reception site and minister, both very tricky to reach and accomplish anything with. She also helped me with the day’s timeline, answered my questions about what other brides do for this and that, sent me friendly reminders of tasks I needed to complete, received all packages I sent with miscellaneous reception items, and was there at the rehearsal and of course the day of to make sure everything ran smoothly…and it did! She was very present the weeks leading up to my trip and the weeks we were there, yet she seamlessly blended in at the same time and did not overextend herself one bit. I got to meet her a few days before the wedding to go over some things and it was so natural just like seeing an old friend. She was wonderful!
Qualities I love about Jessica:
1) She is an excellent listener and extremely patient (She took time to capture every last detail of our conversations, and I made changes to the floral at least 100 times)
2) She is very giving with her time — she must have ate slept and dreamt my wedding in the weeks prior
3) She is creative and has good ideas that complement yours, even some $ saving ones!
4) She is realistic, honest and gives her opinions when asked but does not force them
5) She is encouraging and warm
6) She is ruthless with your vendors (she got responses from them WAY faster than I ever could have!)
7) She is incredibly organized and thorough
8) She is good at juggling different personalities and matching your style (this I believe is a “you’re just born with it” kind of quality)
9) She is completely deserving of your trust — a hospital bed would be the only thing stopping her from running my wedding
10) She never leaves you hanging: If she doesn’t know something right away, she looks into it and gets back to you with an educated answer. If she can’t respond right away, she lets you know when she plans to respond so you’re not waiting and wondering.
I could go on and on (sorry), but let’s just say she’s a seasoned pro in the wedding planning business, and exactly who you want to be involved in your wedding. Whatever your specific needs, she will customize a service for you, and she will not disappoint you. Hire her now!